Over the years The People of Hope has had many outreaches, such as helping to build communities in Ireland, England, Belgium, the US and Canada. Today, our young men and women frequently spend time in various outreaches in Europe, Mexico, Central America, Asia, Africa, and the US, helping the poor, working with university students, and putting on conferences proclaiming the Lordship of Jesus Christ. The People of Hope has many regularly scheduled activities and events, including:
- Marriage retreats, called “Marriage in the Holy Spirit weekends”. These are three separate weekend retreats designed to strengthen marriages by centering them in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, and invoking the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Community conferences — on specific subjects, designed to strengthen our members’ Christian life. Recent examples include: “Family Life Series”, and “Christian Use of the Media in the 21st Century”.
- Retreats — yearly, one for men and one for women, offered either locally, or at a retreat facility in Pennsylvania.
- Men’s prayer breakfasts, and Women’s prayer breakfasts, given periodically, as evangelistic outreaches, where members are encouraged to invite friends and neighbors.
- “Growth Group” — a program of instruction and formation for our pre-school children. Staffed by a number of our mothers, this program gives many of the children a preparation for their subsequent entry into school.
- Camp Hope — begun in our early years, Camp Hope is offered each year for two weeks in August, at a camp located in Pennsylvania. Children from grades two through eight are involved in two weeks of activities, both physical and spiritual, under the supervision of adults, with assistance from Koinonia Academy high school students.
- Youth retreats, yearly for our high school-aged children.
Our members are also involved in their local parish life, serving as Eucharistic Ministers, lectors, sharing group leaders, RCIA and CCD teachers, youth ministers, and other parish activities.